A complex of preventive measures
Prevention is an important planning process developed by a multidisciplinary team of specialists:
- general practitioner –early identification of vein health issues, beginning of treatment, recommendations on prevention;
- phlebologist – identification of the current vein health status, treatment, and recommendations on prevention;
- dermatologist – removal of cosmetic defects, improvement of skin condition;
- endocrinologist – monitoring hormonal background;
- gynaecologist – monitoring changes caused by pregnancy, menopause, and hormones;
- preventive medicine specialist – identifying vein health risks, genetic tests, developing a prevention plan;
- physiotherapist – making and implementing the most appropriate physical activity plan;
- physical medicine specialist – mechanical/manual lymph drainage, aquabike, underwater bath and other physical therapy procedures;
- nutritionist – developing an individual healthy eating plan and monitoring patient’s compliance;
- aesthetic medicine specialist – procedures to maintain and improve skin and muscle tone.
The Baltic Vein Clinic and the Rehabilitation Department of Veselības Centrs 4 take care of leg veins, therefore, in cooperation with the pharmaceutical company Vitacare and SIA Dinastija, official distributor of BAUERFEIND compression stockings in Latvia, have prepared a brochure with recommendations on prevention. See the brochure in PDF format here.